Ionic is one of the most exciting technologies you can learn at the moment - it enables you to use one codebase (written in HTML, JS and CSS) to build and ship apps as normal (progressive) web apps as well as real native mobile apps for iOS and Android. This course teaches you the latest version of Ionic from scratch with no prior knowledge about it assumed.
The Ionic framework allows you to do just that! Use your existing React, HTML, JS and CSS knowledge and build your native mobile app with that! Ionic offers a lot of beautiful components (which you'll learn about in this course) that can be used to compose native-like user interfaces.
Capacitor (another tool provided by the Ionic team) will handle the rest as it's used to then build a native mobile app for iOS/ Android based on your code. This allows you to focus on the things you know and release your application on all possible devices (desktop and mobile) without having to learn thousands of different languages! Indeed, with Ionic, you can use one codebase to ship three different apps (iOS, Android, web).
No wonder that hybrid frameworks like Ionic are extremely popular and in high demand!
My name is Maximilian Schwarzmüller and I'm a freelance web developer as well as creator of many top-rated courses - including my "React.js- The Complete Guide" course, the bestselling React course you can find!
I love creating awesome web applications and it simply is amazing to now use that knowledge and build native mobile apps with it, too!
This course takes your from zero to published app, taking a very practice-orientated route. You'll a realistic app (where users can create and book events) throughout the course, learning about the basics of Ionic, its rich component library, how to fetch and handle user input, how to store data and access native device features and much more!
You'll dive into all important Ionic components as well as concepts like navigation (tabs, sidemenus), user input, native device features (e.g. camera), storage, http, authentication!
And since building apps is only part of the fun, you'll of course also learn how to run your apps either in the browser, on an emulatoror on your own device!
What exactly are you going to learn then?
- How to set up your Ionic projects
- How Ionic works behind the scenes
- The basics about Ionic - How navigation works, how your project is structured and you use its rich component library
- How to use the many beautiful components Ionic ships with
- How to use different kinds of navigation concepts: "Back"-button-navigation, tabs and sidemenus
- How to show modals, alerts, toasts and many, many more useful UI components
- How to test the app in the browser, on emulators or real devices
- How to fetch and handle user input through inputs, textfields, dropdowns, dialogs etc.
- How to access the local device storage and native device features like the camera
- So much more ... like styling and theming your app
- Finally, you'll learn how to configure your app and publish it to the App Store or Google Play Store (or as a progressive web app)
Does this sound great?
I can't wait to welcome you in this course!